Broken Arrow Physical Therapy has formed a unique partnership with the Broken Arrow Salvation Army/ Boys Club called Different Strokessm
in which our physical therapists use aquatic rehabilitation techniques to treat patients in an indoor swimming pool.
- Classes conducted Tuesday and Thursday at the Broken Arrow Salvation Army/ Boys's Club.
- Supervised by licensed physical therapists.
- Comprehensive musculoskeletal & functional evaluation.
- Individualized program addressing coordination, endurance, strengthening, balance & functional ability.
- Aquatic Therapy treatment is covered by most major medical insurers.
|Safe & Effective For: |
- Acute injuries
- Postural deviations
- Range of motion limitations
- Postoperative exercise
- Balance disorders
- Arthritis & most chronic conditions
|The Benefits: |
- Increased strength
- Increased coordination
- Increased mobility
- Increased endurance
- Accelerated healing
- Easy, non-threatening exercises
is a great way to get your patients back in the mainstream faster while containing overall recovery costs. The approach allows patients to begin an exercise program at an earlier stage in their rehabilitation. Eventually most patents continue their therapy "on land." However, beginning a treatment program with Different Strokessm
accelerates the healing process by putting muscles back into motion sooner.
Water is a natural weight machine, so patients benefit from the added resistance while moving through the water. Patients are relieved of much of their body weight due to the water's buoyance. As a result, water reduces the pressure to joints and strained muscles. Depending on the patients's condition, a physical therapist can increase or decrease the amount of resistance, just as with a weight machine, using flotation devices.